Increase your capacity with our small grants program.
Susan G. Komen Great Plains awards small grants (up to $5,000) two times per year that are intended to support breast health education, pilot programs, conference, and travel grants to tax-exempt organizations.
**All small grant funds for 2016-2017 have been expended at this time. Please check back in the spring of 2017 for new funding guidelines.
- Proposals will be considered by the Board of Directors twice a year upon a recommendation from the Grants Committee at Komen Great Plains.
- Proposals must be submitted to the Affiliate by the following dates: June 1st and November 15th.
- Applicants will be notified within 30-45 days of their request for funding, unless otherwise noted. Grants are available for projects lasting up to one (1) year.
- Applicants must be a tax-exempt organization (non-profit organization, educational institution or government agency) and provide proof of tax-exempt status. Checks cannot be issued to individuals.
- Applicants must be operating within Komen Great Plain’s service area, and funded activities (except travel) must take place within the service area.
- Project or event must be specific to breast health/breast cancer, and must be relevant to the Komen Promise to save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer.
- Applicants must ensure that all past and current Komen-funded grants or awards are up-to-date and in compliance with Komen requirements.
- The maximum amount requested may not exceed $5,000 for Education, Capacity Building, and Conference grants, or $2,000 for a Travel grant.
- Please contact Melissa Baron at email@example.com before initiating the application process.
All grant proposals must be submitted online through the Grants e-Management System (GeMS): https://affiliategrants.komen.org.
Documents and Resources
GeMS Applicant User Guide