Apply for funding in South Dakota.
Komen Great Plains will award community grants to organizations in South Dakota that will provide breast health and breast cancer projects that address funding priorities, which were selected based on data from the 2015 South Dakota Community Profile Report.
Click to view the 2015 South Dakota Community Profile
Click to view the 2017-2018 South Dakota Request for Applications
The South Dakota funding priorities for the 2017-2018 Community Grants Cycle are::
- Programs that use innovative, evidence-based approaches to break down cultural and/or language barriers and result in documented linkages to breast cancer screening, diagnostic, treatment and/or supportive services.
- Programs that provide evidence-based breast cancer education on the importance of early detection and the availability of financial assistance programs for uninsured women.
- Programs that foster collaboration between health care providers to preserve and strengthen continuity of breast cancer care and lead to an increased provider understanding of breast self-awareness messages supported by Susan G. Komen and knowledge of various referral processes to better navigate their patients though the continuum of care.
- Programs which reduce barriers to women seeking screening. Examples include bringing breast health education and/or free or reduced cost screening and diagnostic services to uninsured and under-insured women and programs which shorten the physical distance between women in remote/rural areas and the screening they need across the state.
- Programs which use innovative or evidence-based approaches to assist or navigate breast cancer patients at any point throughout the continuum of care, from education to screening through survivorship.
How to Apply for Funding
Komen Great Plains will begin accepting applications for 2018-2019 Community Grants in October of 2017. All applications must be submitted online through the Komen Grants e-Management System (GeMS): https://affiliategrants.komen.org.
Questions about Community Grants or the Grants e-Management System (GeMS) should be directed to:
Mission & Communication Director
402-502-2979 ext. 1204