Getting the support you need.
Breast cancer can be scary and confusing, both for those diagnosed and for their friends and family. It’s important to have a strong support network to help with the physical and emotional demands of the disease. Remember, you are not alone. There are many support services available to assist you on this journey, including:
- 1-877 GO KOMEN, a free breast care helpline offering professional support services to anyone with breast health and breast cancer concerns, including breast cancer patients and their families.
- The Co-Survivor section of Komen’s national website, where friends and family members can share tips and advice, and read personal stories from others who have been in similar situations.
- BreastCancerTrials.org was developed specifically for women and men interested in breast cancer trials and is a non-profit service that is dedicated to providing accurate information about breast cancer clinical trials.
- Did you know that there are many financial resources that can help people living with breast cancer? Find out more.
Share Your Story
The power of someone’s words can have an impact greater than you would ever imagine. The experience of being a survivor or co-survivor can vary from one person to the next. This is your opportunity to share your unique experience with others. Your story can serve as a source of motivation & support to others whose lives have been affected by breast cancer. One single story can inspire, teach & provide hope. We thank you for sharing yours.
Health Fairs | Speaker Requests
Our dynamic Speakers Bureau and Health Fair volunteers are specifically trained to represent the Great Plains Affiliate at health fairs and educational programs sponsored by community groups, corporations, schools and other organizations. Volunteers provide basic breast health information, discuss the importance of early detection as the key to survival and share the breast cancer resources available in the community.
We get many requests for speakers, health fairs, and educational materials; unfortunately, we cannot fill all of these requests. We ask that you place your request as far in advance as possible as this increases the chance of volunteer availability for your event.
- Requests must be received at least three weeks prior to event date.
- A speaker or representative is not guaranteed for your event.
- Due to limited resources, we request a minimum audience of 20 for speaking requests.
- Donations are always appreciated to help offset the costs of the materials for these programs.
- It is not our policy to participate in events that charge a fee for non-profit participation.
To request a representative to attend your upcoming health fair please contact us.
To request a member of our Speakers Bureau to speak at your upcoming event or presentation, please contact us.