About Susan G. Komen

Susan G. Komen is the only organization with a 360-degree approach to fighting breast cancer on all fronts.  We fund life-changing research. We advocate for compassionate public policy and patient rights.  We empower people with fact-based information.  We provide the treatment assistance and emotional support patients need.  This 360-degree approach is what’s needed to achieve our mission — a world without breast cancer.

About Komen Great Plains 

Susan G. Komen Great Plains provides funding for breast health services, breast cancer education and outreach in Nebraska and South Dakota.

Through events like the MORE THAN PINK Walk, Komen Great Plains invests 75 percent of the funds raised to support vital local breast health services, and dedicates the remaining 25 percent to national research to find the cures.

Susan G. Komen Great Plains is the only organization in our service area that is exclusively dedicated to combating breast cancer on every front. We have one clear mission: saving lives and ending breast cancer forever. We study the unique needs of our area every 4 years to formulate our community profile, which allows us to address the most significant breast cancer issues facing our local communities.

We are serving the breast health needs of our community through:

  • No-cost breast cancer diagnostic services for uninsured and under-insured women and men
  • Comprehensive breast cancer patient navigation, to help women find a medical home
  • Breast cancer patient, survivor, and co-survivor support programs
  • Public awareness and education about breast cancer issues
  • Research to discover and deliver the cures

For more information on the Great Plains Affiliate, call (402) 502-2979 or visit one of our offices at:

8707 West Center Rd, Suite 101, Omaha, NE

101 N Main Avenue; Suite 209, Sioux Falls, SD