Where Your Money Goes
Your dollars enable us to help local women facing breast cancer today and invest in ground breaking research for a better tomorrow.
Up to 75% of the net proceeds raised by Komen Great Plains stays right here in local communities. These funds are used to support innovative breast health projects focusing on education, screening, and/or treatment across Nebraska and the Dakotas. The remaining 25% of the net proceeds is invested in Komen’s national research program, and funds some of the most innovative breast cancer research projects in the world.
Komen Great Plains works to ensure that all people, regardless of race, income, geographic location, sexual orientation or insurance status, have access to screening, and if diagnosed, to quality, effective treatment and treatment support services.
Our Community Grants program is designed to make systemic and lasting change in our community. We are proud to have invested over $8 million in local Nebraska and South Dakota communities since 1992. For a complete list of current grantees, click here.