- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Great Plains Events
- Get Involved
- About Us
More Than Pink Walk
Thanks for your support of our virtual MORE THAN PINK Walks!
Thank you to everyone who participated in this year’s virtual MORE THAN PINK Walks, fundraised, and donated in the fight to end breast cancer. Fundraising closed on Oct. 31, 2020.
Please join us in recognizing our top fundraisers and top teams for this year’s virtual Walks!
We couldn’t make a difference without you!
8 DAY CHALLENGE
1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
Join us for 8 days of virtual activities leading up to the walk to show your support.
DAY 1: Sunday, SD-Sept.20 | NE-Oct.4
- Ask a friend to register / ask a friend a day for a $10 donation. If you haven’t registered click on the links above to get registered to join in on the virtual Walk activities. Then, ask friends and family to join your team. Ask one friend for a $10 donation each day during the challenge. By Walk day, you’ll have raised $80. If you hit the mark, consider a $20 donation to yourself or your team and celebrate the $100 raised milestone!
DAY 2: Monday, SD-Sept. 21 | NE-Oct. 5
- Celebrate and support survivors and thrivers (living with metastatic breast cancer). Decorate your front door, yard or sidewalk in support of the survivor or thriver in your life. Post pictures on our Facebook Page or the Facebook Walk Group. You can also send us your photos (email@example.com) and we will post it out for others if you do not have Facebook.
DAY 3: Tuesday, SD-Sept. 22 | NE-Oct. 6
- Mission Quiz/Trivia. Join us on the Walk Facebook Group throughout the day to answer questions about breast health and Komen’s Mission. Those who participate and answer the most questions right will be entered in a giveaway for Komen swag.
DAY 4: Wednesday, Sept. 23/Oct. 7
- Scavenger Hunt. See the 5 items to look for on a walk and send your photos into SDevents@komengreatplains.org or NEevents@komengreatplains.org to be entered in for some Komen Swag!
DAY 5: Thursday, SD-Sept. 24 | NE-Oct. 8
- Remembrance Wall. As we remember those we’ve lost to breast cancer please post your photos and messages on the virtual Remembrance wall. Let’s fill this wall with love and support!
DAY 6: Friday, SD-Sept. 25 | NE-Oct. 9
- Virtual Toast/Happy Hour. Invite your team, family or friends to virtually toast to this year’s Walk. Share why you are walking this year and what your plans are for #WalkWhereYouAre
DAY 7: Saturday, SD-Sept. 26 | NE-Oct. 10
- Virtual Warm-up Workout. Join a live warm-up to prepare you for the Walk on Sunday.
DAY 8: Sunday, SD-Sept. 27 | NE-Oct. 11: WALK WHERE YOU ARE!!